A brief overview of the system's current capabilities, and where it may be heading in the future.
Below is a brief overview of some of the current capabilities of the system :
- Plan a shot for anywhere in the world.
- Simply drag/drop markers on the map to position the camera and the direction in which it is pointing.
- Select camera/lens combination, manually enter a field of view, or enter sensor size and focal length.
- When using a zoom lens show the minimum field of view, maximum, or choose one in between.
- Two maps visible at the same time, to show close and far views of the same shot.
- Save shots and retrieve them later.
- Share shots with a link to a non-editable view of the shot.
- Change the date and time of the shot.
- Show the sunrise/sunset and current sun direction on the map, together with the directions of shadows.
- Show the moonrise/moonset and current moon direction on the map. When the moon is visible display its angle above the horizon.
- Show Points of Interest, including distance from the camera and sunrise/sunset/current sun direction from that point.
- For digital camera bodies, display how much distance a pixel will cover at the Point of Interest.
- Get directions from your location to the location of the camera position.
- Hide/show the sidebar to enable more of the map to be visible.
- Use the rule of thirds or golden mean proportions when planning a shot.
- Record notes about a shot for future reference.
- Terrain analysis graphs between the camera and the viewpoint/Points of Interest.
- Metric/imperial measurements switch.
These features are in active development, or pencilled in to be commenced shortly.
- Medium format camera bodies and lenses.
- Compact (Point and Shoot) cameras.
- More help, tutorials and examples.
- Mobile device development.
The features planned for implementation in the future include, but are certainly not limited to, the following :
- Lens extenders. 1.4x, 1.5x, 2x, etc.
- Sun altitude.
- Versions for mobile devices - iPhone, Android and others, including data transfer between desktop and mobile versions.
- Information on sun and moon for earlier and later days.
- Visibility calculation and graph for PoIs from the camera position.
- Tools and helpful info - horizon distance, frame size calculators, etc.
- Import EXIF data, inc. indication of focus distance and size of acceptable focus area.
- Show thumbnails of taken shots on the My Shots page.
- Group saved shots.
- Share saved shots.
- Medium and large format cameras.
- Compact cameras.
- Video/cine cameras.
- Moon phase/% illuminated.
- Metric/imperial distances switch.
- Display twilight times.
- Switch between sensor fiold of view and viewfinder field of view (for non-100% coverage viewfinders).
- Manual height adjustments for PoIs.
- Date search for when a chosen element (sun, moon, etc.) is in a required position.
- Terrain shadow casting.
- Collaberative shot planning - shots that can be edited by more than one user.
- Automatic timezone detection (with manual override).